Nothing Without a Company seeks a part-time Box Office Manager for the production of Cornerstone. This position is a contract position for this individual production with the contract ending at the conclusion of the production run.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Must be in attendance for all performances including previews and invited dress.
o Invited Dress run April 1 @ 6pm
o Previews April 3 & 4 @ 7pm
o Performance dates April 5 - May 6, 2018 Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays @ 7pm, Sundays @ 6pm
• All communication must go through email@example.com and lists updated in google drive.
• Opening and closing speech
• Set up ticketing options through Brown Paper Tickets (BPT)
• Set up ticketing for Hottix through League of Chicago Theaters.
• Set up ticketing for Chicago Arts Access (CAA)
• Set up and communication about comp tickets for NWaC, Cornerstone artists, Press, Jeffs, and other invited guests. Through BPT and lists on Google Drive.
• Ticket exchanges through BPT
• Communicate with CAA and possible communication with CAA attendees.
• Print and maintain records for WALK-UP LIST (this includes Hottix and CAA) and BPT LIST for every show.
MERCH & DONATIONS
• Set up and sell merch at box office and post show
• Collect Donations at box office and post show
• Update box-office report post show
• Collect all funds at each show
• Give all funds to Hannah or Anna on Sunday's, post show, at Headquarters. (not sure about this but I want to collect the funds at least once a week. I don't like the idea of someone sitting with the cash.)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or comparable professional experience.
• Experience in box office or related field preferred.
• Excellent with cash handling, deadline-management, written, and verbal communications skills.
• Proficient in Excel, Word and the Google suite.
• Nothing Without a Company gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume by March 15, 2018 to schedule an interview. Please include “Box Office Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Nothing Without a Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization’s work. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.